On Saturday 01 December 2001 16:07, you wrote:
<snip>
>    I've never understood the desire to maintain a /home dir,
> specially thru future installs and upgrades.

I can give you my reason. I like to see the difference in different levels of
installs and have (more than once) bothched my install or upgrade (while NOT
changing the distro version) so badly that in order to use the box at all I
had to reinstall, and having all the personal configs there has been a good
thing for me. just my $00.00000000002 worth