turn OFF plug and pray aware OS in bios, yes that is the first thing. how did
you do it? reserve (also in Bios , isa-pnp) an IRQ for the ISA slot slot the
modem is in. you might also have to see if there is a setup utility to set
the modems IRQ (probly dos based) or if this modem has jumpers or dip
switches.