On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 12:45:55PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
> I currently have Mozilla 0.9.4, running on 8.1. I used to have Moz
> 0.9.5, from Cooker, but had to remove it, for some reason (I forget
> why). Anyway, I can't seem to find that version anymore, only 0.9.6 ...
> which uses a different libpng. I'm a bit leery about updating libpng,
> since many apps depend on it.
>
> I tried rebuilding from src.rpms, but that didn't work. I also tried
> using RedHat's rpms, but had no luck rebuilding.
>
> Has anybody done this - updated to 0.9.6 from Cooker, with associated
> libpng upgrade? And if so, has it broken any applications? I'm thinking
> specifically of things like Evolution, Konqueror, Opera, GIMP, etc.

Michael, I've always had better luck using the official Mozilla
binaries/installer. I'm using 8.1 as well and I've never had to worry
about this dependency you're having and I'm using the latest nightly.

Since you appear to have an official Mandrake mozilla package, leave it
installed and install using mozilla's net install. Then all you need to
do is call mozilla from the command line using the default path, which
is /usr/local/mozilla. A bit of a kludge but it's the easiest way to do
things IMHO.

HTH.

--
Cheers,