Ed Tharp wrote:

> and promise that you have (as root, in a text console, without X running, and
> without the quotes) typed "sndconfig"
>
> On Monday 17 December 2001 16:19, you wrote:
>
>>At 12:38 PM 12/17/2001 -0600, Newbie wrote:
>>
>>>I guess I'm too neurologically crippled to
>>>"figure things out myself" well damn it,
>>>I need more help with that than other
>>>people. sorry did not know other way
>>>to express it.
>>>
>>Don't be too down on yourself. No one person knows everything. Have you
>>asked your questions in [EMAIL PROTECTED]? Someone somewhere has an
>>answer. Unfortuneatly, it make take a month or so to find that person. I'd
>>suggest paying for tech support but you might end up waiting a "long" time
>>for an answer from paid tech support also.
>>

>>>I don't know what other linux OS has
>>>sound, suse don't got it, debian don't
>>>have it, I'm not going to bust my butt
>>>fucking around in some stupid-ass goddamn
>>>config file buried under 10,000 feet of shit
>>>just to get my damn sound working!!!
>>>
>>Have you checked the hardware compatibility list? If it's not supported,
>>throw it away & get one that is. I had to do that with a video card.

I had a problem with sound on my 8.1 installation until I ran
"harddrake" to configure the sound card. After that it works a champ!
  I've heard of other people with the same problem, and the same
solution fixed theirs. You might give it a try.

Sound seems to have been a problem with 8.1, and it (sometimes) can take
a little fussing to get it right.

Ric

--
Ric Tibbetts

Linux registration number: 55684
If you want to help advertise Linux - point your friends to
http://counter.li.org/