On Wednesday 19 December 2001 03:11 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> civileme wrote:
> > Hmmm, where did this 80/15/5 rule come from?  My experience is
> > that 93% of the time my computer has a problem, the problem has
> > its hands on my keyboard.
>
> Civileme,
>
> The 80/15/5 rule hails from the venerable Tom Brinkman of Texas.
> But I'll by yours too. Tom's is a bit more forgiving on the user
> though.
>
> Mark

    but you then quoted me wrong. My (rough) formula is 85% user
mistakes, 15% hardware hiccups, and 5% software bugs. 'Course you
must consider that I'm hopelessly addicted to overclocking and
upgrading (cooker), so my figures might be somewhat skewed ;>

   Civileme, I believe bases his overview on actual statistics. An
I'm sort'a inclined to agree with 'em, even tho I hate to admit that
93% of the screwups are due to the user  .... 'cause that's me ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman             Corpus Christi, Texas, USA