On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:53:06 -0600
Michael Viron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> >just like that? but what if "it" can't find them? then what? you're still
> the same place you were before. In the dark without a clue as to why.
> >
> >no thanks. I'd rather "know" why something isn't working and then learn
> and know how to fix it rather then let the software do all my thinking for
> me.
> urpmi is not a graphical based client.  This means that any error messages
> will get dumped to the screen, which means that you'll see them.  I can't
> imagine why it wouldn't be able to find the dependency rpms for you, since
> it has access to the ftp copies of the install (ie, all 2 - 3,000 rpms),
> unless perhaps it is a not a standard Mandrake rpm.
>
> Michael

Michael,

it could be that it's just me being anal. I have been known to get that way from time
to time. For me at least being a dialup connection as yet I just don't put "that" much
trust into something that is at the mercy of a modem connection. If, on the other hand
I had a hard connection like a full-time LAN connection or cable that might make the
difference.

however, you have peaked my curiosity in getting to know this utlility. I'll have to
look into this a bit more.

        "see what you've started now?"  :P

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  9:05am  up 9 days, 54 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.65, 0.41