On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:42:00 -0700
Charles Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> On Wednesday 26 December 2001 06:11 pm, you wrote:
> Maybe I am confused. I thought that Mandrake was using diskdrake to do the
> partitioning during the install and it wasn't able to do the "resize". Is
> that wrong?
> chuck

Chuck,

yes, diskdrake is used during the install, however, diskdrake will do everything you
need it to do. it's not quite as robust as partition magic in some ways, but it's darn
close, and in other ways it surpasses Partition Magic. It will resize, reformat, (many
different filesystem types) and a lot of other stuff that escapes me at the moment.
it's a heck of a tool. You can access it from a running Linux installation, or from
the install CD's. either way will work just fine.

give it a shot.

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  9:05am  up 11 days, 54 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.22, 0.26