I tried several ways to use diskdrake and it just
wouldn't resize the partition, that's why I used FIPS.

To make life as simple as possible I created a DOS
boot floppy disk, copied FIPS onto it, booted from the
floppy and ran FIPS. All of this may not actually be
necessary but I like to keep things a simple as
possible when doing things to my hard drives. Since I
didn't catch the beginning of this thread I am
assuming that you ran defrag in windows before
starting all of this.
Good luck.

TC

--- daRcmaTTeR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:42:00 -0700
> Charles Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly
> spake these words to ponder:
>
> > On Wednesday 26 December 2001 06:11 pm, you wrote:
> > Maybe I am confused. I thought that Mandrake was
> using diskdrake to do the
> > partitioning during the install and it wasn't able
> to do the "resize". Is
> > that wrong?
> > chuck
>
> Chuck,
>
> yes, diskdrake is used during the install, however,
> diskdrake will do everything you need it to do. it's
> not quite as robust as partition magic in some ways,
> but it's darn close, and in other ways it surpasses
> Partition Magic. It will resize, reformat, (many
> different filesystem types) and a lot of other stuff
> that escapes me at the moment. it's a heck of a
> tool. You can access it from a running Linux
> installation, or from the install CD's. either way
> will work just fine.
>
> give it a shot.
>
> --
> daRcmaTTeR

> If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told
> you to do
> the first time!
>
> Registered Linux User 182496
> Mandrake 8.1

>   9:05am  up 11 days, 54 min,  2 users,  load
> average: 0.05, 0.22, 0.26
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?