On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 19:35:31 -0400 (AST)
skidley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Michel Clasquin wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 27 December 2001 10:53, chris swain wrote:
> > > I am trying to set up a hotmail account but neither konqueror or
> > > netscape will allow me to enter the hotmail site in order to check my
> > > mail. (they let me set up an account just fine) Is this just a MS anti
> > > linux thing
> >
> > Probably. Most linux browsers will let you spoof (pretend to be running
> > MSIE) somewhere in their setups. Opera lets you do it on the fly, try that.
> >
> I've heard of this spoofing before but I searched mozilla 0.9.6 settings
> and I couldn't seem to find where I could do such a thing. Anyone know?

In the preferences of Konqueror and Opera you have the ability to set a value that
allows the browser to ID itself as IE or Netscape. (Mozilla 5.x) Since Mozilla is
already Mozilla and Netscape the same there isn't any such preference to set in either
one of these.

As for this hotmail thing...it is not, and I repeat, "not" a factor when one visits
the Hotmail site if you're using anything other then IE to be a hotmail user. Hotmail
is very well funded and sponsered. To well in fact to have to worry about "what"
browser it's patrons is using. I myself, as well as my wife and daughter in law have
Hotmail accounts. We live in a Linux only house and access our hotmail accounts all
the time from home when we have a need to. Both Konqueror and Netscape work just fine
for this with "no" issues what-so-ever.

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  7:05pm  up 11 days, 10:54,  2 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.20, 0.18