On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:46:32 +0800
"Franki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just looked at the cooker site at:
> ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandra
> ke/RPMS/
>
> and I downloaded the latest kernel (2.4.16.11mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm)
>
> then I went to download the headers and they are a completely different
> version:
> kernel-headers-2.4.16-18mdk.i586.rpm
>
> to be exact.
>
> Why are they no longer the same?  I heard that the headers were gonna not be
> a seperate RPM, but included elsewhere,
> is this the first step to that?? or am I just looking at the FTP site at the
> wrong time? (ie while its updating?)
>
> I have just joined the cooker list to see if lurking can help with my cooker
> issues....

The basic kernel headers are now part of the glibc pkg which for
2.4.16.11mdk-1-1mdk is glibc-2.2.4-18mdk.
If you will notice -18 in glibc matches -18 in  kernel-headers-2.4.16-18mdk.

The headers now will no longer be changed with each new kernel but only
when it is necessary to update glibc.

   Charles