On 05 Feb 2002 19:53:53 -0800, Bryan B Whitehead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use Gnome. The main annoying reason was: For some reason KDE cannot
> handle very fast internet connections.
>
> In konqueror (spelling?) if I download a big file from the internet Kde
> becomes totally unresponsive till I get the file. It can't handle
> pulling 1-3.5MByte/sec over internet2.... :(
>
> This gets seriously annoying.... and I can't but help useing konqueror
> while in KDE... :) While in gnome I use mozilla or plain netscape.
>
> I feel like KDE is "one big app"... kinda like staroffice 5.2. While in
> gnome each app seems to "be on it's own". Sure galeon/mozilla might slow
> to a crawl while I'm doing large transfers... but the rest of my desktop
> keeps responding. :)
>
> It's more in my head... I just don't like everything being so
> interdependant... Kde gives me that feeling.

You should really use a download manager. Galeon interfaces extremely well with
GNOME Transfer Manager (GTM) and Downloader for X (NT). All you have to do is
Shift+Click a link and Galeon sends to to the download manager to be downloaded.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"Tabs are 8 characters. They are NOT adjustable. Never have been, never will be.
Anybody who thinks tabs are anything but 8 chars apart is just wrong. It's that
simple." -- Linus Torvalds