Hi again,

Thanks for all the help so far from Roger, Paul and Shane. To save some
money, I was thinking of using my Iomega ZipCD 650 CDRW with this
configuration. Does anyone have any experience using a CDRW USB 1 with
Mandrake 8? Any problems. By the way, the main caveats for my
configuration are as follows:

1) As little legacy stuff as possible. No ISA ports and a minimum of
serial and paralel ports.
2) This is a $US 1,000 box so while a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Platinum w/
Live! sound card and a ATI Radeon AIW 32mg video card sound great, I am
not sure that I can squeeze those into my budget. The point about CPU
slowdown with onboard sound is well taken however, and I will try to find
a dooable alternative.

Here is a reminder of the original configuration with the extra RAM
added, which I understand is a must:

- Pentium IV 1.6GHz
- Mainboard Intel D845BG
- Memory 512MB DDR Ram