A sound suggestion... Go for an OEM SBLive! card... very cheap, heck goto
Future shop.  THey sometimes have returned ones...that are both cheap & useful
;p

I found hardware hacks to turn an SB 512 I believe into an SBLive too ;p

As an aside, Xgamer/Mp3+/Live! are all the same. Just diff s/w bundles

Femme