"Hanan Z. Shargi" wrote:

> Geee.. Thanks everyone :-)
>
> I really liked "bluefish"  .... boy this linux box is like a box of wonders ..
> u never know how FULL it is !!
>
> one more thing... why do I have the feeling that everybody is trying to send
> me the message: "hey ... using a WYSIWYG app is not considered a good thing "
>
> ?? :-)

Hanan, that's because using a WYSIWYG-editor is WEB-Cockney
! - It labels you as an illaterate fool ! - Of course,
that's not your fault, but no WYSIWYG-editor - so far -
complies to WWW-standards. Most of them - especially M$
Front Page - assumes that the reader of the pages so created
uses EXACTLY the same browser, i.e. "M$ Internet Explorer".
In fact, that's a perversion of the original idea, created
by Tim
Berners-Lee at CERN about 1995 : a simple
"mark-up"-language, readable by all and everyone owning a
simple browser, for instance "Mosaic". During the first
years, several improved browsers appeared, i.e. "Netscape",
but eventually commercialazition entered the scene :
Micro$oft ! - The result : fragmentation, imcompatibilities,
arrogance and merciless rip-off of naive costumers prevails.

Now Hanan, why on earth use a mediocre WYSIWYG-editor when
it's so simple to write real HTML ?
If you have something to tell the world, use the simplest
possible editor and reach everyone !

Regards

Kaj Haulrich