On Monday 11 February 2002 08:46 am, Chuck Henson wrote:
> At 02:29 AM 2/11/02 +0100, you wrote:
>  >Now Hanan, why on earth use a mediocre WYSIWYG-editor when it's so simple
> > to write real HTML ?
>
> As a web designer myself, I can only give one answer.
>
> There is no excuse for using a mediocre editor when there are some very
> good ones available. At least ones that can handle the more monotonous
> tasked involved in page layout. Then as long, as long as you do know how to
> hand code, you can shape things up as you see fit, and make things happen
> much more quickly in my opinion.
>
> I wouldn't throw Dreamweaver away if you paid me to. Of course, I can't get
> it to work with Linux so I'm forced to have a Windows/Linux partition
> battle. Anyhow, if I had to loose DW then I would probably still try to use
> NoteTab, UltraEdit, or HTML-kit to make things a little bit more automated.

Thank you! I used to use UltraEdit and was quite satisfied with the way it
works. I agree that Quanta has equivalent or better functionality, though,
plus it runs on Linux. If that's the SOLE reason you're keeping
Windows,....kill it!

> Cathal ap Donnchadh
> Tobar naomh, ruith a steach mise!
>          Teinne naomh, ls a steach mise!
>                  Crann naomh, fas a steach mise!

My Gaelic's rusty. What does this translate as? Off-list is fine.

Regards,
David R
--
"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn
to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."