My Linux-Mandrake 8.1 PowerPack box was running NVIDIA drivers under X.

I just upgraded my kernel to 2.4.8-34.1mdk, and can no longer get into X. I
believe that I need to re-install the NVIDIA pieces, using
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2313.i386.rpm and NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2313.mdk81smp.i686.rpm
(by the way... How do I know if I should use the SMP or UP version of this
file?), executing "depmod -a" (which I read on LM's errata page), and
rebooting.

Is this all I need to do in order to get my X working with my NVIDIA card
again on my machine?

---
Andrew Vogel: Manager of Professional Programs at the University of
Cincinnati College of Pharmacy
http://pharmacy.uc.edu                                       (513)-558-3784