Hi, I had the same problem after upgrading my kernel. If you try to
reinstall the rpms you have, you will probably get an error message
saying that they are not compatible with the new kernel or X will fail
during start. I downloaded the tar.gz files and tried to compile them
under the new kernel following Nvidia's step by step, but got and error
message again .... kind of, "it is not compatible with this kernel ....
bla bla bla " As I didn't find more help about this, I thought there
were two options:
1- Using the new kernel and disabling "nvidia" (using "nv")
2- Using the old kernel and keeping the accelerated driver ("nvidia")
At the moment I am using the old kernel and the accelerated driver
because I didn't find a way to make it work with the new kernel.
If you succeed solving this problem, please let me know, I'd appreciate !
Thanks,

Rodrigo