Hi Chuck,

The big question: did you keep Netscape 6.2? Is it worth the trouble? -- I'm
developing a website and I'm just curious to see how it compares to the
Netscape 4.xx that came with LM 8.0.

I use Konqueror almost exclusively. (I'm not fond of all the clutter in
Netscape.)

Regards,
Andre

On Saturday 16 February 2002 23:37, you wrote:
> When I installed Netscape 6.2, I had problems with conflicts with
> Mozilla. I have seen this problem mentioned on other lists as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck
>
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:31:04 +0000
> > "rsch77" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thoughtfully uttered these words to
> >
> > ponder:
> > > Hi Andre,
> > > I am a newbie also : ), so I can't help you much with installing it
> > > as an ordinary user. I installed Netscape 6.2 as root and I can run
> > > it as a normal user. If that is your worry, don't worry anymore. You
> > > could try installing it in another directory which you have
> > > permission to write, but I've never done it, can't help again.
> > > Good luck,
> > >
> > > Rodrigo
> >
> > Instead of download "just" the installer grab the entire package from
> > the Netscape FTP server and then run the installer on your system
> > instead of using their "net" installer.
> >
> > problem solved.
> >
> > --
> > daRcmaTTeR
> >
> > Registered Linux User 182496
> > Mandrake 8.2beta1
> >  10:16am  up 17:44,  2 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.01, 0.91
> >
> > ----

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/