On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:46:23 -0500
Jeffrey Madore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> I would like to say thank you to all who replied to my inquiries as to 8.1
> operating slow on my P120.
>
> I have made some notes from your comments and thus will try an older dist
> or lighter X application. On the other hand I may just upgrade the
> machine...things to ponder.
>
> As to my 700Mhz machine running slugish, from scanning the system log I
> see several things that raise serious questions (things that I know not
> the meaning of yet) that I must address.
>
> Thanks again to all, you have been most helpful!
>
> Jeff

good heavens! i thought you were talking about it being slow on a 700Mhz
machine and not a P1-120. it's no wonder it's slow. sheesh! you're asking a
dinosour to run something designed for newer machines. of course it's going
to be slow. I get fair results running 8.1 on a P1-133, but no matter how
much ram i shove in that thing KDE runs a bit slow, however usable.

--
daRcmaTTeR
Registered Linux User 182496