Yes, you can resize the SWAP partition using DiskDrake, ofcourse you
must be root to do that. Just load the DiskDrake, click on the (green)
swap partition and then on the left-hand side of the DiskDrake the option
'resize' (or similar) will appear. click on it and it will give you a
'drag bar' (or you can enter the number) that will allow you to choose
how much space you need to have allocated for your swap partition. It
doesn't damage your system since you have plenty of RAM memory. I have
reduced mine to 100mb swap (from 200) with 128 MB RAM. Works perfect.
However, the free space will probably be left in between your new swap
and your (i am assuming you have it setup like this) /home partition.
You might wanna mount that free space in between to a new /directory.

Hope that helps,

Zlatko Savic
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com