On Friday 01 March 2002 12:53, Jeff Quandt wrote:
> How do I resize partitions on an existing install? I allocated way too
> much space for swap, and with 512MB Ram, I have yet to even touch the
> swap space. So I want to reclaim some of that space. Can I resize it
> without trashing everything?
>
> On a related note, if anyone knows of a good tutorial on Linux point, me
> to it. I don't want to waste everyone's time on silly questions like
> this one, but I have not found the answers in the archives. (When I
> search I seem to hit everything but the archives...) To clarify, I don't
> mean an install tutorial, I handled that fine. I mean something that
> helps with day to day operation and maintainence.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Jeff
file:///usr/share/doc/mandrake/en/user.html/diskdrake.html
may answer your resizing question and
file:///usr/share/doc/mandrake/en/index.html
may answer some of your future questions.

My favourite recommendations are
a) These 2 books by Mandrake which you have on your hard drive, accessible
from file:///usr/share/doc/mandrake/en/index.html. I even went so far as
to download them in pdf format from the Mandrake website and print them
our in a 4-in-1 format. The troubleshooting section in the reference
manual has come in very handy many times! I've apprecitated having that in
a printed format :-)
b) http://www.mandrakeuser.org

Good luck,

Narfi.