Well, I am having a problem with it locking up, and I want to make sure it is
not something in the original config. Using the old train of thought I
configured a 128mg swap. I have 768mg real memory. If I do a 'free -m' I will
see very little use of the swap (1-8megs) but real stays close to 750mg, as
the system aproches 768 the swap does not increase, but if I go over 768
everything locks up.  So I figure the first thing I need to do is bring the
swap up to what everyone is recomending, I have a 40gig and and a 60gig drive
in the box, so there is no reason why I should not at least try the 'double
the ram idea'.

Actually I was hoping that diskdrake would acomplish this because I was able
to resize my son's windoze partition when he wanted to play with linux and I
installed mandrake. Funny, this is the first time I have found a linux tool
that will do to windoze what it won't do for itself <GRIN>.

John