Hi All,

Its me again, I'm glad the "Shame we live in diff countries" mail got this
much replies today :) Now lets not let this take us away form our main list
objective ;-)

If you remember I asked for your cooperation in my little project ( connecting
a linux and a W2K machine through a mini LAN, and then to the Internet keeping
in mind my sort of "not traditional" DSL setup.

One good reply from Robin, who gave me this tip for how to physically  connect
the  2 machines:

> if you want to use your computer for sharing
>
> Wall jack - computer1 - computer 2
>
> 2 NIC for computer 1 and 1 NIC for computer 2

SO, I got the second NIC ( fast huh ? and you thought you'r gonna have some
headache free time ;) )

I plugged the 3com pcmci card in, it was recognized by MD, YET in the control
center under  networking it shows 3 (yes 3) eth0, eth1, eth2 !!
I didnt bother to see why, and I went on to set the cables this way :

cable coming from wall ==> eth0 (10.0.x.x in the LM machine )
cable coming out from second NIC ==> eth1 (192.168.0.1 the LM machine ==> hub
cable coming out from W2K machin ==> (192.168.0.2) ==> hub
the 2 cables go to regular ports on the hub ( none goes to the uplink port)

I set the hosts file on W2K as following:
192.168.0.1    hanan.my_isp_domain.com
192.168.0.2    w2k.my_isp_domain.com

,and gave the TCP/IP configurations the following values:
IP : 192.168.0.2
DNS : the IPs of the DNS the ISP gave me.
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

 LAN is not working machines cannot see each other.
where do i start ?

..... suggestions, hints, questions, All welcomed :)

Hanan AL-Shargi