Civileme,

Hmmm.  I can see that bdflush is running on my system, but bdflush is
not found either as root or as a normal user.  locate can't track it
down either.  Software Manager says it's installed, but all I find is
the man pages.  Looking at these, the command is certainly documented as
you suggest.

Any ideas?  There's no problem here, but I get curious when little
inconsistencies like this come up.

Brian