Hi Shane,

I am running LM8.1 on  Dell Inspiron 7500, it worked nicely on it, ever since
L.M 7.0 and before trhat I was using Red Hat.

and I guess witrh older notebooks you wont have to suffer with uncompatible
pieces of hardware ( modems, display cards, .etc.) Just make sure that it
doest come with   winmodem :). even If it did you can easily buy a "real
moidem" off e-bay,

just days ago I bought a LAN 10/100 3Com pcmci off ebay for $14   :))

-----------
Dell Inspiron 7500
PIII 700 MHz
Maestro sound