[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Well you don't update newer kernels, you _install_ them.  Download and
>
>rpm -ivh kernelname
>
>The name is different so it will install alongside the older kernel and
>be bootable.  Updating usually leaves you with a new kernel and modules
>compiled for an older one, which is a sad situation.

Yeah, I know that.  But basically, if I succeed in installing my new kernel-2.4.18
over my default kernel-2.4.8 of Mandrake 8.1, it would also be called an "upgrade"
'cause I won't use my old kernel anymore.

Going back with my problem, anybody knows how to upgrade a newer kernel version using
XFS (/usr, /home, /etc, /opt, etc...) and ext2 (/boot and /) filesystems and would you
mind to give me your "how-to's"?

Thank you in advance.

God bless you all...

www.edsamail.com