On Wednesday 20 March 2002 22:09, civileme wrote:
> Robin Turner wrote:

> If they accept postscript files, you might benefit by learning to use
> LyX.  Most who do or who learn LaTeX just don't return to standard
> inflexible, do-everything-with-the-spacebar, WYSIWYG type of word
> processor.

As a LyX fanatic, I was going to mention it, but Walter mentioned a brochure,
which might require a lot of complex page-formatting. Sure, you can do that
in LyX (people have used it for fanzines, for example) but you usually have
to know a fair bit of LaTeX to get exactly the effect you want.  Although I'm
not keen on KWord, it does that kind of frame-based stuff pretty well.  But
for general-purpose writing, Civileme is absolutely right.  On the occasions
where I have to use  "normal" word processors like Word or Starwriter, they
drive me crazy now.

Robin