BUGGER!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't check my network card connections.
A giant cupboard is in the way, and I can't get to it.

I am 80% sure this is how I am connected.

1 network card in each.
telstra modem is connected to WINXP/LINUX, WINXP/LINUX is then connected to
WIN98.

OOH
just got an idea.

okay, when I go to the DOS prompt and type in "ipconfig"
it says

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Bigpond:

details