El lun, 25-03-2002 a las 02:40, Song Sourisak escribió:
> Hi Damian,
>
> Thank you for responding to my message. For your question, no i dont have a
> /initrd dir... I heard that doing so, the error is gone...hip hip houray
> Can you tell me the way to do so.
> Thank you in advance
> Song

you mean how to make /initrd dir? just su to root and make it, it's
all there is to it.

[user@localhost user]#su
Password:  ( enter your root password here )

[root@localhost user]#  ( notice the prompt, you are root now )
[root@localhost user]# mkdir /initrd

note: i just checked, i looked at my /initrd ( done this before
long time ago, just didn't remember ) it has a file on it
README.WARNING which reads

(mkinitrd) Don't remove this directory, it's needed at boot time,
in the initrd, to perform the pivot_root.

i hope this solved your problem. ;o)

Damian

> The error was exactly (at the boot) :
> "change root to /initrd: error -2"
> Is the minus 2 (-2) the same??
> It all started when i update my kernel-2.4.8.31.2mdk on a ML 8.0.

hmm should be the same.. dunno honestly.