El lun, 25-03-2002 a las 02:51, Bryan Tyson escribió:
> On Sunday 24 March 2002 16:28, Damian wrote:
>
> > well.. this is a newbie list, it's supposed to be a place where
> > you ask questions, get answers, read questions, and give answers.
> > criticism is out of order here
>
> I see no reason why criticism should be considered out of order (not
> that I have any, by the way. I have 8.1 and enjoy it very much).
>
> Criticism can generate fruitful discussion just like questions can. If
> people make unfair criticisms, they will be shut up by many people
> refuting them. On the other hand, if the criticisms are justified, then
> we have identified an area that needs more work, and that is
> beneficial.

yeah..but i guess it's more complex than it seems..

there are different kinds of criticism. OT topics are never gonna
dissapear and most of the time i enjoy them, but when some guy starts
the "mandrake sucks because it didn't recognize my third wheel on my
second mouse on my new computer, so linux is crap" way, it's hard to
make fruitful discussion out if that.

yes, you can get that ppl to shut up eventually, when/if they start
getting the proper response to those posts...

i would change a thing or two about the looks of MDK myself, but
if i should ever decide to do something about it, i don't think
my first step would be to make a pissed-off post about how crappy
this or that looks.

criticism can be good. that is perfectly true. but sometimes you get to
read "opinions" that hardly qualify as "criticism"... they are rather
"bitching" and this is what i think is useless and a total waste of time
especially to this, a support list.

i think i said about enough. feel free to disagree with me, i'll drop
the discussion here. ( kinda feel it got too long )

Damian