On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 20:41, Robin Turner wrote:

> Heh, I love these Von Neumann-type threads. I recently commented on a spam to
> another list because I thought it was funny, and received a self-righteous
> reply (to both myself and the list) telling me I was wasting bandwidth - I
> mean the guy is so annoyed that I've wasted 3 seconds of his time opening
> what I admit was a pretty silly post, that he spends much more time to tell
> me off about it _and_ posts it to the list so other people will waste their
> time.

> As I've said before, off-topic/whimsical/silly posts are IMO fine (I
> generally prefer them to the more serious technical ones) but could people
> please mark them "OT" so others who don't want to read them won't, and we
> don't get our wrists slapped by Netiquette Nanny.
>
> Robin

I have to agree.  I get maybe 20-100 messages from the newbie/expert
lists at the end of a day, if I havent left the machine on.  While I
understand the principle of ultimate efficiency with regard to
maximizing the download time to several hundred tenths of a second, I
also am not perceptually damaged enough to go apeshit over it.  There's
the human component of the list to revere, and while I realize that
there needs to be a cap on that also, it's my studied opinion that no
one has violated that cap in this thread (with the possible exception of
John.)

L8R,

LX