Hanan Shargi wrote:

>I just did that..added:
>
>TRUSTED_IFACES="lo eth2"
>
>noting changed.
>
>and yes I restarted the network on both machines.
>
>But thanks, I lost hope that someone would ever reply to my question :)
>
>Any other suggestions ?
>
>---------------------
>Hanan AL-Shargi

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Besides that, your LOCAL interfaces must not have all ports closed.

This is one reason Tiny Firewall is pulled in 8.2.  We need to add a way
of setting up local ports for uses like this that folks can understand
interactively and it takes some careful engineering (mostly ergonomics).

Can you answer this "YES"?

Should the local interfaces be trusted with all things?

If so, add this...

TCP_INTERNAL_SERVICES="15:65535"

to open up the ports.

If not, then list (separated by spaces) the ports or groups of ports you
want open locally. like 111 for NFS and so on.

CAUTION is advisable.  A new exploit for remote administrator privileges
for win2K is floating around at the moment, so if you are using win2K in
the local, then protect it, and upgrade to the patch as soon as
possible.  More info here:

http://www.itworld.com/Sec/2199/020329nt2000hole/

Civileme