On Saturday 30 March 2002 02:07 pm, Hanan Shargi wrote:

> > Try setting IP_MASQ_NETWORK to ""  first
> > If that doesn't work then try disable connection sharing
> > It may be that they are mutually exclusive.
>
> I did that and the messag disapeared, now it tells me this :
>
> [root@hanan hanan]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/bastille-firewall start
> Enabling Mandrake Internet Connection sharing
> If you would like to use Bastille's masquerading
> support instead, edit /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg
> (especially the IP_MASQ_NETWORK setting) and run
>  /etc/rc.d/init.d/bastille-firewall start
> to use Bastille's masquerading/connection sharing rules.

Sounds like they are mutually exclusive!!!
Use one or the other but not both!!!
If it were me I would use the firewall (bastille)

> And the ping is still working, so I guess I'm fine with that too :)
>
> Now I gotta move on to the main issue which is how can I share the files
> between the 2, shall I go samba ? or  ftp ?

SAMBA for sure!!!
There is a fairly good initial Samba setup on mandrakeuser.org
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/index.html#ss

--
Gerald Waugh : Registered Linux user # 255245
http://www.frontstreetnetworks.com