On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 06:33:50 -0600, Steven Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> What is the best method of installing KDE 3.0. I've got in downloaded and
> want to install it on my 8.2 system, but want to do it in the best possible
> way. Any tips or hints?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

It should be simple. Download all the RPMs and put them in their own directory.
Enter the directory and type 'rpm -Uvh *rpm'. KDE3 installs into /opt, so you
can have both KDE3 and KDE2 installed side-by-side.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"You have no privacy. Get over it." -- Scott McNealy, CEO of Sun Microsystems