El jue, 04-04-2002 a las 19:07, FemmeFatale escribió:
> Damian wrote:
>

> > actually there is a better way.
> >
> > last night i installed KDE 3.0 by getting all RPMS, opening a terminal
> > and doing a " urpmi ./+ "
> >
> > it asked me for the three MDK cd's and got a lot of packages to solve
> > dependencies... it worked fine, tho kde 3  has bugs.. :o(
> >
> > Damian
> >

> what does opening a term & typing "urpmi ./+" do then exactly?  So you
> still have to d/l all the RPM's of KDE3 yourself & urpmi just takes care
> of the deps?  And if so will it still install KDE3 beside your existing
> KDE2.x?
>
> :)  Tough questions I know, but I'm sure you'll pull through this crisis
> for me Damian ;p
>
> I have confidence in your non-Fudding abilities
>
> Femme

hi Femme.

well actually there is a typo in my post. it's urpmi ./*

urpmi is like " rpm -ivh " ( install package ) but it checks
 dependencies, if a needed package is available in mandrake cd's, it
asks for them to solve deps automatically.

urpmi ./* means install everything in this directory.

you can also use urpmi to install packages that are within MDK cd's
directly. for example, you just open a terminal and type

urpmi openoffice

it will open your cdrom drive asking for your "first cd download
 edition" and will install OO.

see ya.

Damian