tester wrote:

> > what does opening a term & typing "urpmi ./+" do then exactly?  So you
> > still have to d/l all the RPM's of KDE3 yourself & urpmi just takes care
> > of the deps?  And if so will it still install KDE3 beside your existing
> > KDE2.x?
> >
> > :)  Tough questions I know, but I'm sure you'll pull through this crisis
> > for me Damian ;p
> >
> > I have confidence in your non-Fudding abilities
> >
> > Femme
> >
> It installs and runs separately.  It is KDE3 on the kdm selection and
>
> 11 KDE
>
> on Xtart from console.
>
> You need about 90 Mb space in / or /opt and if you do not have a
> separate /opt and / doesn't have that much room, then do this:
>
> 1. Open a terminal
> 2. su to root
> 3.
>
> mkdir -p /usr/opt
> ln -s /usr/opt /opt
> exit
>
> before you install.
>
> It seems to run well as security level 2 and to have problems at 3 or
> higher.  Some of the new open sockets do not appear to get the right
> permissions for intewrprocess communications at higher security levels.
>
> Civileme

*laughs* Damian flaked on me, so Civilme to the Bat-Rescue!  Into the
KDE-Mobile my linux comrades!

TY.  I will think about installing it...

I suspect with my record I'll break a lot of things if I do though so...
i'll install it on a separate Linux install on a separate partition.

Femme

--
Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert