civileme wrote:

> Now on Reiser, use the rescue CD to boot, modprobe the reiser stuff then try

what do you mean by "modprobe the reiser stuff"??? Can someone enlighten
me here?

> reiserfsck
> reiserfsck --rebuild-tree
>
> To do a complete fix if journal playback doesn't do it.
>

> So
>
> ext2--solid
> ext3-semi-solid
> XFS-improved, need more evidence
> JFS-looking awfully good, but needs defrag and needs more experience
> Reiser-A very complex system, at least one level of abstraction and code
> above the others, and will be great if ever it works fully.
>
> ALL--An unexpected down can wreak havoc on a disk or on a filesystem.
>
> ALL-- When things look bad, try alt-sysrq-s alt-sysrq-a alt-sysrq-b to
> flush the buffers before reaching for a reset switch...  If it doesn't
> work, you have lost no more than you would lose, and it if does work,
> you will minimize your losses.
>
> ALL--Data not backed up is data lost.  End of story.
>
> Civileme

Well to be honest I didn't know how to back up mail.  Tim Holmes *bless
his kind soul* helped me create a Cron script to do so...for future.
Its the only thing I do keep on there I want!;p

Thx Civilme.  Useful info as usual.  And as an aside, I liked reiser for
its speed.  Ext2 seems turtlish in comparison.  Haven't tried it in
8.2.  Is it diff/faster now?

Thx
Femme
----

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert