On Saturday 13 April 2002 01:45, Lyvim Xaphir opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> I read shane's treatise on raw modeing the keyboard and doing the buffer
> flushes.  What I think there is that if you have a system that you are
> experimenting with and is not performing important functions and storing
> any kind of data, then that's cool.  But if it's a production system
> that needs to be coming back after a crash, and then the filesystem
> requires a raw keyboard and buffer flushes in order to "better your
> odds", and given the fact that the FS is supposed to be protecting data
> in the first place, then that is unacceptable. A journaling FS's purpose
> is to recover from a crash.

very much in agreement, i only post it cause it worked for me the 2 times i
have crashed......

i have to say, been running since 7.1 and i have less crashes in linux
_ever_ than i had per week in windows.

in fact i am upset today cause it was looked this morning, and i don't know
why.  that makes twice in 6 weeks!  baack when i was in windows all day
twice in a 24 hour period was a celebration day......

--
Going from DOS to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/