I have a 40 gig drive which I partition with PQ Partition Magic, I stick
with that only.
It knowes how to handle large drives. and because you stick to one partition
tool
throughout you get hard drive measurement all exact.Your partition table is
straight.
I partition my drive,  hda1 = NTFS  W2K   5.0gigs  primary and active.
                                hda5= ext2      /boot    200mb  logical
                                hda6= ext2     /root8.2 5.0gigs  logical
                                hda7=ext2     /root8.1  5.0gigs  logical
                                hda8=ext2      /swap      1.0gigs logical
                                hda9=ext2     /spare       5.0gigs logical
                                hda10=NTFS /spare     5.0gigs logical
                                hda11=NTFS/spare      5.0gigs logical
                                hda12=NTFS/spare       5.0gigs logical
The /boot directory  is therefore @5.0gigs well  within the 1024cylinders
boundary requirements
(within about 7.75gigs)
Install windows, install Mandrake, they all know exactly where everything
has to go,just
take care with your lilo stanzas so they include the correct kernel versions
and initrd.image
files for which  linux OS you are booting.
The only experience I do not have is with Redhat , and whether it's
installer will do the
logical thing and put it's kernel and initrd files in the Boot partition is
the only question I cannot
as yet answer.However even if it doesn't I would try copying across the
kernel and initrd files to
the boot partiton afterwards, from say Mandrake desktop,then remake the
/etc/lilo.conf entry
with a text editor to boot it
I would be very interested in finding out how you get on with installing RH.
I keep meaning to get around to doing it myself.

regards,
John