On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 09:43, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> M$ can only screw you if you let them.  Personally I don't give a rats A$$
> about M$ or their products.  The only reason I still have M$ is to play the
> couple of games I like to play.
>
> Oh I don't even read the licensee agreement that M$ uses, because I don't
> care what it says.
>
> >> M$ is a prime example of that; they've redefined the myriad ways that a
> >> EULA can screw the common man.
>
> >>LX

I don't give a rat about the EULA either, but that's because I haven't
agreed to the terms of the EULA.  Which in turn means I don't use the
software.

The thing to be aware of is that if you are presently using the
software, you are then bound by the terms of their agreement (and
therefore it's legal consequences) wether you care or not....therefore
it is possible to come under legal fire for violations OF that
agreement.  Such as the SPA paying you a visit for alleged "pirated"
copies of software. Then if they discover "inconsistencies" you may be
looking at an SPA fine levied for someone not being able to produce the
original license numbers or manuscript, or even some kind of lawsuit.
With M$ stock being overleveraged by 40 or 50 times, it's not beyond the
realm of possiblity that regular visits by the SPA will soon be
commonplace, as they rely on the government to supply their profits for
them.

They are already attempting to replace proper programming with
legislation that goes after the crackers, instead of doing the right
thing and writing the software correctly to begin with.  They are also
crowbarring their way into schools so that they can prey on the
taxpayer's money and the minds of the children.  It's only another ass
scratch over to the point where they search out and demand money for
unaccounted copies of their software.  If they start to go Enron, then
you can expect an all out user hunt.

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1