On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 04:35, Mcleod, Ian wrote:
> I would like to send some 'pirated' software to Micro$oft to prove that I am
> not an evil civilisation destroying Linux geek.  Unopened or 'off the press'
> pirated software is best - as it shows how little we want this junk that we
> won't even take it for free.

Ian, M$ is already aware that you are not an evil civilization
destroyer.  The full depth of their wrongdoing is not yet apparent to
you.  They are already aware that *they* are the ones transgressing
ethical barriers and destroying capitalism; they are aware of this
totally, and they utterly DON'T CARE.  Not only are they knowingly
breaking the law, but also they have no compunction for blaming you
instead of them.  What they are after is total control at any price, and
they are almost there.  They just have to sidestep a fullblown revolt
for a short time.

They have adoped some simple methods in order to accomplish this.  What
they are doing to you and everybody else is a time tested tactic; it's
called projection psychology.  It works like this; if you happen to know
that you are guilty of a transgression, in order to protect yourself
(knowingly, and sometimes unknowingly), you project those misdeeds on
someone else (by accusing and blaming them of your violations) and
thereby fool bystanders and even perhaps yourself into believing that
your target is the guilty one instead of yourself.

Since THEY are the evil civilization destroyers, and also have been so
accused (and proven in court and elsewhere) they then project that
attribute on the Linux world in order to turn the tables.  If you're not
watching your back, then you yourself can easily fall into that psycho
trap.  Don't let it happen.  Expose what they are doing to everyone you
know.

> Their software is so bad that I would not even waste my hard disk space with
> it - even if I can save $500 by installing it - M$ make the mistake of
> thinking that all people want M$.  It would shock them to find that an
> increasing number of people won't touch M$ even if it is given away!
>
> Send all pirated software to Micro$oft!  Show how much we really care about
> their software!  Ha ha - not only people sending unopened new software that
> they don't want - but pirated software they don't want to - back to the
> original vendor - ha ha ha.
>
> They always wanted pirates to send in their software - but I don't think M$
> wanted people to send it in because they think the pirated software is junk
> - not because they are reporting anyone.
>
> Ian McLeod
>
> ----

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1