Well Tommy,

If he's dangereous (as you said) I guess he's exactly the right person to try
Linux, beside with distributions like Mandrake you dont need to be an expert
to play around with Linux, and even betrer you dont have to suggest any
applications, Mandrake is full of em, you just tell him which is for what ( If
he couldnt guess from the names :)

Dangereous guy + Mandrake + newbie@linux-mandrake URL + enough time = A
linuxian in the making

.... and maybe YOU will learn from him later on ;)

Regards,

>===== Original Message From Tommy Eaton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Hi all,
>
>I was chatting with my dad the other night about his adventures with Windows
>XP. He starts out with "Man, I hate Microsoft!"
>
>:-D
>
>Ok, so now what? I mentioned Mandrake to him and he seems interested...
>However, I don't know where to point him. What applications should I
>suggest? And for support, should I just point him to this list? He knows
>just enough to be dangerous (would "Interactive Bastille" help with that? -
>you know, something to protect yourself from yourself)... Unfortunately he
>doesn't live local so I couldn't set it up for him (unless somehow over the
>net?). I'm very much a newbie to this operating system, and Linux and
>general. But if you have any ideas how to help the process of a 50 year old
>Dad interested in a Microsoft alternative, please let me know. Thanks!

Hanan AL-Shargi