On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 05:12, civileme wrote:

> Ummm, Miark, in august 1999, cryptonym corporation was examining a
> Service pack release of NT4 from which microsoft had inadvertantly
> forgotten to strip the data tags.
>
> Microsoft has (or had) in Win9x and WinNT cruyptographic keys for
> cryptographic services and no services would work without passing the
> appropriate key.  This was to comply with export restrictions at the
> time (128 bit encryption was considered a weapon).
>
> Ummm  no wrong, the backup key or what everyone had been led to believe
> was the back-up key was clearly and unequivocally labelled in the tag
> "NSAKey"
>
> Rapid denals were issued by NSA and microsoft that the key was used by
> the NSA though such a key did have the potential of allowing the
> installation of security (spy) software on the system without the user's
> knowledge.
>
> A little later a third, undocumented and definitely untagged key was
> discovered.
>
> A program was issued to overwrite the second key which had the side
> effect that exported versions could enable 128 bit encryption by
> installing their own keys.
>
> Civileme

Here's another YAWN (yet another wooden nickel) to add to what Civ added
to what Miark stated.

Since the NSA is able to spy on citizens by virtue of the NSA backdoor
so thoughtfully provided by M$, would this not be an excellent reason
for the government to maintain an ongoing business relationship with M$?

Perhaps the Government would even be so thoughtful as to provide some
extra "consideration" in court by bumping good judges from the bench in
favor of more controllable personnell; Kotar-Kelly, perhaps.  Maybe the
liberals don't give a fig about the military and the NSA; however the
republicans weigh towards them extensively; and that to my thinking is a
powerful motive to grease MicroShaft out the Antitrust a-hole relatively
unscathed.  Quite sickening.

So while the Peruvian Government does the right thing, the corrupt
American government violates it's own Antitrust laws by giving M$ a
carte blanc to rape and pillage the public with the "M$ Tax."  We are
all, after all, nothing but tax fodder to the government employees,
anyway.  Since M$ imposes their own tax on businesses and individuals,
why then should they not be buds?  Two bloodsucking vampiric parasites
walking along together conducting legal crime; birds of a feather flock
together, right?

The government taxes the individuals, while it's buddy MicroSh*t
provides a spy conduit by which the government can track individuals
that don't like the taxes, while MicroSh*t taxes the individuals, while
the government provides unofficial protection for Microshaft.

It's a sweetheart deal, boys.

HTH, LX

:>

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1