On Mon, 20 May 2002, D. Olson wrote:

> On Monday 20 May 2002 03:29 pm, you wrote:
> > ... and player? What player do you mean? There are probably about 15
> > different player for Linux for DivX films, and I can't seem to find any
> > reference to divxPlayer anywhere?
>
> Probably the one from divx.com.

Oh right ;-) LOL ... looked everywhere except for there =) Well, I didn't
expect them to actually create a player, considering the fact that they
dropped all development of the Linux DivX codecs for all those months, and
then for some unknown reason picked it up again.

> It segfaults a lot I hear.
>
> > Sounds like the film you are trying to open is not in actual fact a DivX
> > film. I'm guessing that this is another file to the one you opened when
> > testing the "player"? If it is the same one, then my guess is that the
> > "player" is very buggy.
>
> Segfaults?
>
> > Well, normally speaking I would say throw it away, and use MPlayer, however
> > MPlayer is probably not exactly what you are looking for as it requires
> > compiling and so on. If you get back to us as to which player (preferrably
> > a download site / homepage) I can have a look for you.
>
> MPlayer is nice.

I totally aggree :-)

Greetings
Ralph