On Tuesday 28 May 2002 07:04 am, Pupeno opened a general hailing frequency
and transmitted to all open stations:

> Bye the way, I'm getting this error: INIT: ld 'x' respawning too fast:
> disabled for 5 minutes.

any of a number of things.  i have seen that because the default manager
(usually kdm) was removed, because the font server is broken, because of
really bad video settings... lots of reasons.  is there another error
listed before this message?  can you change to runlvl 3 and then start x?
have you recently removed kde or font or gnome packages?  did x ever work
on this machine?

--
...so Mr. Gates, in short, the reason I am not using your software is that I
have upped my standards.  So up yours.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98