On Tuesday 28 May 2002 17:19, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Pupeno wrote:
> > -----pgpenvelope processed message
> >
> > I would like to remove any garbage from my x config file, where
> > should I start to see what configuratio is actualy used by my
> > computer ? Bye the way, I'm getting this error: INIT: ld 'x'
> > respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> > Do you know what does it mean ?
> > Thank you.
> > --
> > Pupeno: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://www.pupeno.com.ar
>
> Hi Pupeno,
>
> The error you're getting means that X isn't setup correctly on your
> machine. what version did you install on your machine. X  and your
> vid card and/or the monitor aren't getting along very well.
>
> as for your X config file goes...once you've got X installed and
> configured correctly for your system leave that puppy alone or bad
> thing can and will happen. there really isn't anything to "clean"
> out or it.

I got this once I think it was after a power cut resulted in file
corruption (this was before I switched to a journalling filing
system).  Try reconfiguring X using xf86config.  If that doesn't
work, try reinstalling X, then reconfiguring.

Sir Robin

--
"The reason we come up with new versions is not to fix bugs. It's
absolutely not.

Robin Turner
IDMYO, Bilkent Universitesi
Ankara 06533