Now if they would just get the blasted spelling checker (spell checker seems
as though it should be something a warlock would need ;-)) working.

You can download it from one of the mirrors:

http://www.mozilla.org/mirrors.html
or from one of the download links at http://www.mozilla.org/
but some of the mirrors haven't updated yet. If they have, they don't seem to
be overwhelmed yet.

For 8.2 users: I don't know if this will help you or not but it's the way I
did it and it all "Just works!"

Download the tar.gz file to an empty directory. I use a "src" directory I
made in my home directory for all downloads, and I keep it empty between
installs.
Extract it using whatever method you prefer (right click, extract to
using archiver in my case) to the same directory and allow it to build the
mozilla-installer directory to extract to.
Open a terminal, change to super user (type su then type the root password
when prompted) then cd to the "mozilla-installer" directory that you just
made.
Type "./mozilla-installer" leaving out the quotes when you are in the proper
directory. You'll have to do some accepting and choosing; I chose "custom
install" and left off the talkback link (feedback agent or whatever they
called it). I also changed the install directory to /usr/lib and called it
mozilla1 (temporarily, you'll see why in a minute) and allowed it to build
mozilla1 directory and install there.
After installation I closed the browser window that it opens, closed the
terminal, used (we're doing a GUI install here) "FileManager Super User Mode"
went to /usr/lib and renamed the existing mozilla directory to 'mozillaold'.
I then renamed mozilla1 to mozilla.
Open the old mozilla directory, copy your plug-ins except the default plug-in
and paste them into the new mozilla directory.
Close the file manager and start mozilla from your normal link or the
altF2>mozilla method and you should be ready to rock. If it does happen to
break just revert to the old Mozilla by punting the new mozilla directory and
renaming the mozillold back to mozilla. I don't think it will though.

If you're wondering why I've said so many obvious things here; it's because a
friend of mine has just started using Mandrake 8.2, and I want her to get
used to at least "lurking on the list" so she'll be comfortable enough to ask
questions. She asked me how to do this, and I figured it may help someone
else too.

Sorry to make it so over-simplified!
--
Charlie