Hi there,

Libcss isn't needed any more. Mplayer has it's own built in decoder now. It
probably wasn't compiled in with the RPM (legal reasons?).

As I have said in previous mails about Mplayer... you will save yourself a
lot of time just to compile it yourself. DeCss isn't linked, but built in
afaik .. at least it's support is. By just installing the package will not
ensure that you can play encrypted DVD's with a pre-built binary.

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, John Richard Smith wrote:

> At the moment I have an rpm version of MPlayer nearly working, for
> DeCss use.
> This is the messages on startup after selecting files:
>
>    | DEMUXER:Too many (4096in826973   |
>    | bytes)video packets in the buffer          |  (screen warning )
>
> Picture is "blocked" or "squared"  , and what does Demuxer mean
> anyway.
>

> MPlayers is invoked in terminal with  ,     ]#gmplayer
>
> dialogues say :-
> @@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@
> Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file
> DOCS/cd-dvd.html
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you read this? It should explain exactly how to compile DVD support
into Mplayer.

> @@@ libmpeg2 returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@  87% 14%  1.0% 40
> 0 0%
> Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file
> DOCS/cd-dvd.html
> A:  16.0 V:  12.4 A-V:  3.604 ct:  5.176  1580/1581  89% 14%  1.0% 40
> 0 0%
> *** free_stream() called ***
> Successfully enabled DPMS
> Segmentation fault
>
> http://plf.zarb.org , these are the packages installed in this order,
>
> libggi-2.0.1-4mdk.i586.rpm
> libggi2-2.0.1-4mdk.i586.rpm
> libmad0-0.14.2b-1mdk.i586.rpm
> libmp3lame0-3.93-0.20020422.3plf.i586.rpm
> libmp3lame0-devel-3.93-0.20020422.3plf.i586.rpm
> win32-codecs-1.01plf.i586.rpm
> xvid-20020520-2plf.i586.rpm
> libalsa2-0.9.0.5rc1mdk.i586.rpm
> mplayer-0.90-0.pre4.4plf.i586.rpm
> mplayer-fonts-1.0-3plf.noarch.rpm
> mplayer-skins-1.3-1plf.noarch.rpm
> mplayer-gui-0.90-0.pre4.4plf.i586.rpm
> libcss-0.1.0-5.i686.rpm

As great it is that people try make RPM's of Mplayer for public use, but I
still have to see 1 really successful build that works on all systems. In
my opinion there is none.. Mplayer builds to YOUR system.. depending on
what software / hardware you have. It's not as simple as a simple binary,
but a carefully built package designed for performance. You see, they could
build DeCss supprt in, but what point does that have if a user doesn't even
have a DVD player?

Go tho the Mplayer site, download the tarball (new release today) and read
the docs, and there should be no problems. Yes it does take time at first,
I give you that, but at least then you have a working MPlayer ;-)

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/