On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:28:29 -0400, "Bulloved" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> After having made numerous attempts at installing various distros of Linux
> over a period of three years with no success,I was delighted to find that
> the Mandrake 8.2 installer worked without a hitch. I now have Mandrake 8.2
> installed and "operational".
>
> The reason for the quotes around operational is that I have yet to actually
> do anything productive using Linux. In part that is because much of what I
> do with my computer is e-mail and I have yet to find a more than marginally
> useful e-mail client. I've tried K-Mail, Mozilla mail, Opera mail, Pine, and
> found them all to be useless. Pine may have actually been damaging to my
> system. Since installing it on the weekend I can not get Mozilla to work
> under windows and I am unable to use the Calypso program I mentioned. I
> don't know that the installation of Pine had anything to do with these
> troubles but I would like to uninstall it from my system but can't figure
> out how.

I seriously doubt that Pine could have messed up anything in Windows.

> I'm looking for a feature rich email client. One which I like in the windows
> environment is Calypso. The closer I could get to the functionality of
> Calypso the better. Any suggestions?

I haven't used Calypso, so I'm not quite sure what you're after. Have you tried
mutt, Sylpheed, Balsa or Evolution? Evolution would be your best bet if you
really need something "feature rich". It's just like Outlook but better.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"Gartner recommends that enterprises... immediately investigate alternatives to
[Microsoft] IIS, including moving Web applications to Web server software from
other vendors, such as iPlanet and Apache... [which] have much better security
records than IIS... Gartner remains concerned that viruses and worms will
continue to attack IIS until Microsoft has released a completely rewritten,
thoroughly and publicly tested, new release of IIS."
  -- John Pescatore, Information Security Strategies, Gartner Group, 2001-09-19.