It all depends on your motherboard's specs, Marcia. There's an ancient
PC Chips mobo on my workbench now with 4 SIMM slots and 2 DIMM slots...
but the documentation says that (A) SIMMs 1 and 2 cannot be used
simultaneously with DIMM 1, nor can SIMMs 3 and 4 be used simultaneously
with DIMM 2, and (B) DIMMs are limited to 128 MB max each. No doubt your mobo has
different restrictions, but I cite this to warn the adventuresome that
just because you've got lots of slots doesn't mean that you can fill
them all. Check your documentation.

Warren